I create high performance 7x24 server and batch processing software.
My previous experience includes third-largest Russian full-text search engine (Go.Mail.Ru),
banking storage (Deutsche Bank), a number of bigdata-oriented startups.
Please, have a look at my blog to get better understanding of my experience.
I am particularly interested in working on the following projects:
search engines, databases, CDNs, advertising platforms,
trading robots, image/video processing software,
data mining, arbitrary 100TB+ dataflows.
I live in Moscow, Russia (UTC+3).
big data, distributed computing and storage,
full-text search, indexing,
web crawling, data mining,
networking, interviewing, project ownership.
In recent years I has been working on bigdata startups, notably
(smart security cameras),
(low-level, distributed data store integrated with Apache Spark).
Usually I do whole-cycle development: provide initial blackboard design for discussion,
create proof of concept, code, polish, optimize, test and deploy.
I work on projects which are strongly focused on performance and data analysis.
I also write job-related articles in my spare time.
- Created low-level storage client
- Implemented a number of features in in-house distributed database
- Performance optimization of everything at all levels
Mail.Ru Group is the leading Internet company in Russia.
It operates public search engine go.mail.ru
among other services,
which served 30 millions search queries daily as of 2013.
- Was responsible for development of all vertical search services. Major achievements:
- Created news vertical (1000+ sources, clustering, historical data)
- Created people search over 300 million social network profiles
- Created brand new version of video search
- Added 15+ types of non-organic results to web search:
goods, images, maps, music, news, video, etc
- Product screenshots
- Personally made further improvements to image search
- Owned 100 online servers with highly heterogeneous roles
- Led team of 7 top-quality developers, conducted technical interviews
- Owned image search (2,000,000 queries daily).
Achieved big improvements in size and quality of the dataset, ranking, performance, reliability.
Nigma.Ru was a Russian metasearch engine with a variety of additional search and information services.
At its peak, it had 20 employees and processed 1% of search queries in Russia.
- Created music search engine over audio files accessible on the web
- Created set of components reused by adjacent projects: robots, parsers, full-text search engine
- Led team of 3 developers, conducted technical interviews
- Product screenshots
Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics
University degree (5 years)